Saturday, December 18, 2010

Welcome to the world of blogging



So never in a million years did I think I would have a blog of my own, but my ideas changed since recently moving away from all of our family and friends. I thought it would be a great way to stay in touch and to keep everyone updated on our family. So I'm giving it a go...

We have recently moved to Port Charlotte, Florida. We have been here for about a month now. Things are going well, but we REALLY are missing our family and friends...here is a recent update on the last month...

Hudson started kindergarten here at a small private school named Community Christian School. So far so good! He has made friends in his class and usually is grinning from ear to ear when I pick him up from school. His teacher runs a tight ship so to speak, but Hudson really seems to strive in the structured enviroment. He is learning cursive (crazy in kindergarten) and his reading skills have really taken off. Seth and I have discovered we can no longer spell things out around here because he usually can figure it out. Too funny!


Emerson is her usual easy going self. She started a preschool here in town four mornings a week until noon. She really LOVES it and adjusted quickly. Praise God! I was a little worried b/c she had a hard time adjusting to preschool in August, but she just took to it right away. She has made new friends and loves her new teachers. Today we attended the party of one of her new friends...so needless to say Emmy has not missed a beat. She does frequently ask about her San Antonio friends, and wants to know when they can some over for a playdate. Poor babe...she does not quite get it...

Seth is working his tail off. He loves his job, and his new opportunity as interim manager in Port Charlotte. He usually works around 60 hours a week. We are so grateful for the "Closed Sunday" policy of Chick-fil-A. It provides us time to go to church together and just hangout as a family.

I am adjusting to life here in Florida. I am loving being back together as a family. I am amazed as I look back on the last two years, and I wonder just how we did it. I know that it was only through the grace of God. It has made me appreciate our time together so much more, and has given me a new perspective into some of the everyday things I would take for granted. For instance, I now enjoy cooking and preparing meals (something I have never really been a fan of) because I am so grateful we can sit around the dinner table and have a family meal and discuss our day with one another.

I am missing my friends terribly! I have yet to make many friends around here, but I know through time I will. I am so very grateful to God for blessing me with so many amazing women in my life that I have the pleasure of calling friends. I love each and everyone of you, and I hope that this blog helps us all stay in touch.

1 comment:

  1. Love your cute blog! Glad things are going well in Florida and the kids are adjusting to their new schools. This is a great way to stay in touch and I just know you will make many friends there in due time. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete