Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010

I can't believe that Christmas has already come and gone! We had such a wonderful time. It was very different from years past...we are in a new state and a new home. My parents came in the wednesday before Christmas and stayed until this past wednesday morning. It was so nice to have the company. We had 3 big dogs and six people in an apartment...like I said this year was different from the past, but the more the merrier...right?

The days leading up to Christmas we went shopping and explored the area. My parents were enjoying the warm Florida weather. They have been in Alabama fixing up their new river house, and the weather there has been pretty chilly(for Texas folk anyway) so they were loving the Florida sun and warmth.

Christmas Eve Emerson woke up with a small fever...she was ok, but a bummer. I guess it would not be a major holiday unless someone was feeling under the weather. We usually go to church service on Christmas Eve, but we were unable to because she was not feeling her best. It was nice to just spend the afternoon hanging out. We got pizza and just relaxed that evening.

Then...Santa Came!!! Yay!! The kids got WAY more than they needed, but they loved every minute of it. They are still enjoying all of their Christmas loot. I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Christmas.

Here are a few pictures from Christmas...I always look back and wish I would have taken more pictures...grrrrr. But, at least I took some, and hopefully next year I will remember to keep clickin.'
This is a picture of Emerson with her new American girl doll, Lainey, that Santa brought. She is loving her and of course taking her everywhere. She made her a New Year's party hat at school the other day...it's pretty cute...I will have to post a picture of it.
Hudson grinning from ear to ear. He is holding his new Wii game system that Santa brought and wearing his new RG3 Baylor jersey (the two things on his Santa list).
The Santa loot...Santa put the girly stuff on the left and the boy stuff on the right so everyone could find their own toys.
The kiddos in their new Christmas pj's on Christmas eve...anxious and excited for Santa's arrival.
Love and Hugs to all, Amie

No comments:

Post a Comment