Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday...Fun day

Sundays are always a favorite around here because it means family day...yay!!! Today was a great day. It started out by trying a new church. We have tried a couple before today and just have not felt quite comfortable yet. Today we tried a church named New Day Christian Church and we really liked it. We ran into a couple people we knew (which I am learning happens a lot in this smaller town of Port Charlotte). Emerson had someone in her Sunday school from her class at school so she was happy. We enjoyed the music and the preaching. The pastor met us after church and overall we felt it was very welcoming. We definitely think we will visit again.

After church we hit Wal-mart. We hosted the Christmas party for Seth's store tonight so we had to go get all the food, games and prizes. We quickly made it home to a full afternoon of baking and cleaning...

Tonight the employees from the store came over. We have been blessed with a wonderful team!!! They are all very welcoming and have a lot of fun together. Tonight was a night of food, fellowship and fun (what more can you need...right)? We fed everyone lasagna and bread. Then we had a white elephant gift exchange...those are always fun and a highlight of the night




After the gift exchange we broke into three teams and played a holiday edition of "minute to win it." If you say competition around that crowd...it is on!! They love to challenge one another. We had a great time and had lots of laughs!!



I had such a wonderful time with this group! I laughed until I literally had tears streaming down my face! I hope you all had a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment