Spring break is off to a wonderful start! You can not ask for better weather! It is in the low 80's with a cool breeze and not a cloud in the sky...beautiful!! Today Seth took the day off...well let me clarify that. He planned to take the day off, but had to go in this morning to do a conference call, some paper work, and a delivery (and as a matter of fact...had to go back in this evening). But we had him to ourselves from about 1pm-8pm so I'm a happy girl!
I have really been wanting to go explore Sarasota together...so today we thought would be the perfect day for just that. There is a really neat place called St. Armond's square. It is situated around a round-a-bout...the streets are full of eclectic shops and original restaurants. I think this ranks up at the top of the places I have visited since living in Florida.
We started our afternoon off by visiting Kilwin's. I was introduced to this place a few weeks ago when some girls from church and I went for a girls night out. After eating at a fun mexican restaurant, all the girls were dying to head to Kilwin's and after arriving I could see why. The line to get yummy treats from this store is usually 10-15 people deep, and the smell of waffle cones and baking fudge are absolutely dreamy!! I wanted to take the kids and Seth...and it was the first stop once we arrived. It did not disappoint! They all split a waffle bowl full of cookie dough ice cream and there was a lot of tug-of-war going on with the bowl...LOL!!
After the yummy ice cream, we walked around and checked out the square. We did not go into any shops, but the window shopping was great! After just a little walking the kids started to get antsy, so we headed out to the beach.
Right off the square is a side street that leads to Lido Key beach. It was soooo beautiful!! I'm so amazed by the beautiful beaches and aqua blue water here. The soft fine-grain sand was almost white! It is a great place to experience God's creation. We spent a couple hours enjoying the cool ocean breeze while playing in the sand and looking for seashells. (We found 7 sand dollars). It was just a great day as a family!
This picture does not do it justice...but it is a shot of the white sand and aqua blue water.

Emerson and her daddy looking for sand dollars.

Hudson LOVES the beach!


No comments:
Post a Comment